I’ve been doing some thinking recently (spinning ideas really) on what the blog here should be/new directions I’d like to go and wanted to run them past you all for starters. (And I just had the brilliant idea of using bullet points!)
So. Without more ado, let’s do this.
- First off, I want to write about the little, minute, and gigantic, sprawling, incredible things of life. The underside that makes the stories happen. The real Stuff of Life. Real, but not overtly raw -- at least in the introspective/wistful sense (and unless life itself happens to be particularly raw at a given time). Though, perhaps yes, on second thought, raw might be a good description. Playing around with words -- crafting magic. Thinking on deep things.
- I’m determined and excited about just going for it and jumping into my new story this year (so… on the flip side, don’t want to take away too much valuable word hashing time from that).
- My brain’s absorbed with the thrilling topics of clearing out sheds and lean-to’s, exciting summer travel plans, and wanting to concentrate on making some yummy (and consistent!) dinners with my new little helper.
- I have a kitchen full of dishes to wash; and also Amazon returns in my living room to box up (mostly different tops I was trying out, some of which were winners and some of which I’m taking advantage of Amazon’s splendid free returns option with -- one of my favorite things ever! ;)). And the floor could probably use a proactive sweeping. But I’m holding a darling, snoring little baby and the washer’s happily churning away with laundry -- so yay! (P.S. I guess this point could be titled 'The Daily Things'.)
- Per the above, I’d like to expand into some fashion/style exploration
- I'm thinking of keeping posts shorter (so as not to delay posting for eons, etc). What about some short, snappy book reviews? And definitely longer movie reviews, but when I have the time to give them proper attention.
- I’ve had an author blog in the past and was debating about the practicality of trying to start it back up, when moi sister recently suggested I should combine the two into one place here. Meaning principally the Inklings link-up back(!), and possibly Quotes of the Month, and an interview now and again.